Top Tip: Invest in brand guidelines for a consistent execution across all teams.
Often branding “fails” happen because of a lack of a clear guidelines, which can result in inconsistency or miscommunication among your content team. Even if it is you flying solo, keeping some guidelines/checklist handy can make keeping your brand consistent a lot easier.
Brand Guidelines are a set of standards that defines your company’s branding. Ideally they should reference your values, tone, logo usage, colours, visuals, word usage, point of view, and anything else you can think of that contributes to your brand, your values and your voice.
The guidelines will help you ensure that your published content is consistent and recognisable. Here are a collection of resources to help you create your very own brand guidelines.
- A Complete Process for Developing a Content Style Guide [GatherContent]
- 6 Steps to creating your Content Marketing Style Guide [CMI]
- Creating a Brand Style Guide [PluralSight]
- 36 Great Brand Guidelines Examples [Content Harmony]
- Example: Mailchimp Content Style Guide [Mailchimp]